[Gllug] [OT] Testing internal line quality

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Oct 14 16:23:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, James Goldwater wrote:

> It's a separate line.  However, I don't know if both lines connect to
> the same master box.  If so, then will I need microfilters for every
> connected socket on the other line?

If it's definitely a separate line, as opposed to an extension, you will
not need a microfilter however if it's an extension you definitely will.

The simplest test is to try and make a call on each line at the same time.

Have you checked that the adsl line doesn't have an alarm service on it or
a Sky box on it? These are commonly missed by users when they consider
whether there is another "phone" on the line.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk