[Gllug] Re: Memory usage

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Oct 13 12:17:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Bruce Richardson moaned:
>                     I don't even have prelink installed, so I don't know
> what explains the difference in speed.

Prelinking wouldn't affect this much anyway: it only applies to
DT_NEEDED libraries, not dlopen()ed ones (for obvious reasons), and
virtually all the major OOo libraries are dlopen()ed. (This was perhaps
not a good decision on the OOoers' part.)

--
`Next: FEMA neglects to take into account the possibility of
fire in Old Balsawood Town (currently in its fifth year of drought
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk