[Gllug] Re: Memory usage

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Oct 13 11:42:56 UTC 2005

Rhys Powell wrote:
>  Only a couple of seconds for me, but I'm actually running it on my
> 64-bit desktop (3000+ athlon64) or is it a case of me missing FC4 doing
> something special behind the scenes to get it running?

I suspect Your OO binaries are probably 32-bit, and linking with 32-bit
libs.  AIUI Debian differ quite significantly in how they support 64-bit
packaging from everyone else.  They've adopted a much more complex
scheme (multiarch), that isn't actually working yet (yay debian :).

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk