[Gllug] Reversing an SSH connection

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Mon Oct 24 23:20:57 UTC 2005

Hi all,

For various reasons, I need to get inbound SSH access to a computer (of
ours) that is behind a High Quality Firewall. Opening ports on the
firewall is Not Politically Acceptable.

But, we can (a) do dialup from (physically) inside the firewall, or (b)
ssh *out* of their network.

(a) is the fallback - this is a different continent, and I'm not
    stunningly keen on trying to find an ISP there at short notice.

(b) though intrigues me. If I ssh from a Debian box behind a firewall to
    a box here, what is the "simple" method of reversing the connection
    and allowing me to log back in to the remote box behind their
    firewall?

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml