[Gllug] Reversing an SSH connection

Peter Grandi pg_gllug at gllug.for.sabi.co.UK
Mon Oct 24 23:30:22 UTC 2005

>>> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:20:57 +0100, Rich Walker
>>> <rw at shadow.org.uk> said:

[ ... ]

rw> For various reasons, I need to get inbound SSH access to a
rw> computer (of ours) that is behind a High Quality Firewall.
rw> Opening ports on the firewall is Not Politically Acceptable.

rw> But, we can (a) do dialup from (physically) inside the
rw> firewall, or (b) ssh *out* of their network.

You can always run PPP over SSH (websearch for HOWTOs/tutorials),
or any other tunneling solution over dialup, and then...

But usually bypassing the firewall in this way is rather less
«Politically Acceptable» than forwarding ports from the firewall
to a specific server.

[ ... ]

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk