[Gllug] Re: MythTV with Hauppage 350 / 500 question

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 11:37:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 10:12 +0000, Jon Dye wrote:
> I've not noticed any odities with MythTV in the last 6 months, the
> support for DVB has got lots better.

The two oddities I know of both seem to be related to the way a DVB-T
stream can change aspect ratio in the middle of a recording - typically
at the start and end of the adverts.  Two bits of mythfrontend don't
seem to be able to cope with this.  If you have a small preview window
on the recording library page then mythfrontend will crash every time
the preview gets to an aspect ratio change, and likewise if you try to
edit a DVB-T recording it will crash as you step through and it hits the
change.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk