[Gllug] blacklisted mail servers

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 09:01:11 UTC 2005

When it comes to blocking stuff,  a very large French company we deal with
introduced some new spam-checking stuff and all our emails to starting
disappearing down a block-hole.    Noone could explain why and it took weeks
to resolve. Similar situation with a large USA company also  - they bought
some proprietary anti-spam stuff and none of our legitimate plain text
mail got though - it just disappeared with trace.     Spam blocking that
behaves like that is a real pain in the arse.    In the end they both had to put
in place specific 'allow' rules for our domain I believe!

Black-lists and anti-spam are usueful tools,  but you need to know what they
are doing !

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk