[Gllug] CentOS and RHES

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 16:13:31 UTC 2005

"Martin A. Brooks" writes:

>Simon Morris wrote:
>> Thanks for any opinion you can give.
>
>Debian.  And then you'll see why Really Hateful Expensive Linux is only
>useful when you have to have supported Oracle in the mix.

Or when you work for one of the many companies where Debian simply isn't
an option (and there are many). Or when you need a stable OS that isn't
4 years out of date. Ubuntu may be a viable alternative, though.

It's worth pointing out that RHEL is an exceptionally well designed
and polished product, and even though the Debian bigots may hate it,
I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a commercially supported Linux
distribution.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk