[Gllug] OpenSSL error - how to troubleshoot

Alex alx at satta.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 01:30:52 UTC 2005

Hi

Has anyone got a moment to help me find out what this error is pointing
to? A secure apache 1.3 server (with self-signed cert) generates this
message when you try and browse to it from the Internet:

OpenSSL: error:1406B0C9:lib(20):func(107):reason(201)

The box in question is a fairly old RedHat 7.3-based machine behind an
ADSL "router", (with a port-forward for https). It's been running apache
like this for some time with no problems 'til now. I'm slighly
suspicious of the "router", it's looking, well, a bit flaky. Also, I can
use lynx on localhost to browse to the sites on in no problem.

So, any ideas on the OpenSSL error would be useful here. I've tried some
googling and man openssl, but neither are really helping at the moment.

thanks!

Alex

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk