[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Fri Oct 21 16:34:11 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 17:17, Peter Grandi wrote:
>  and the sort of social and
> technical pressures that come from the sort of users that have
> so far adopted MS Windows may or may not be what GNU/Linux
> supporters would love.

That's what I'm thinking - because I think I fall into that category.
I've only ever used DOS based systems in the past (as opposed to Unix
based systems) but recently I've been forced to get down to some real work and
sort out a new way of doing things - purely because of the problems inherent
in DOS systems and the fact that "script kiddies" et. al.  find these systems
the easiest to manipulate. I mean I'm not averse to finding new ways of doing
things but I work in a admin capacity where time is precious and we havent
too much time to play in the lab. I like learning but when you're under
pressure and you're trying to confiigure an operatuing system you're only
half familiar with - it can be frightening (if you know what I mean).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk