[Gllug] Bluetooth

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 16:00:05 UTC 2005

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On a whim I just bought myself a Bluetooth GPS on eBay.  So I guess I'll
> have to dive into this Bluetooth thing finally.  My Ipaq has built-in
> Bluetooth, so I'll start playing there.  But I'll want it on the
> laptop too.
>
> So what's the deal with Bluetooth under Linux?  Do those cheapo USB
> connectors Just Work<tm> these days or do I need to go for a specific
> model?

got myself a new phone and bluetooth USB connector and was amazed that
"it just worked"!

Debian Sarge - with a non-debian (one year old) kernel

useful info at

http://linuxgazette.net/109/oregan3.html

OK - I say it just worked but that was the command line FTP like utility
- which does most of what I want.

gnokii does a bit more but the current Debian version didn't work for my
phone - the version from unstable backported without any problems.

support in KDE and Gnome is available but not in Debian Sarge :-(

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk