[Gllug] Re: MythTV with Hauppage 350 / 500 question

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 10:12:42 UTC 2005

Huw Lynes wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 09:36 +0000, John Winters wrote:
>>Have you considered a DVB-T card instead?  That way you get more
>>channels and higher quality pictures.  DVB-T support in MythTV is
>>starting to get there (still a few oddities and bits which don't work).
>
> you've got a DVB-T card that actually works?

Me too, it's worked flawlessly with MythTV for a couple of years now.  I
have a Hauppauge NovaT (tda10045 frontend chip, saa7146 tuner chip).

I've not noticed any odities with MythTV in the last 6 months, the
support for DVB has got lots better.  When I started using it you had to
stick the tuning details in the database by hand, now there is a GUI
based auto-scanning facility in the setup program.

JD
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk