[Gllug] [OT] Phone Scam?

MartinHuntCOM-GenericMail martin at martinhunt.com
Mon Oct 31 10:08:20 UTC 2005

Any sort of non standard number (0845, 0870, 0871, 07*) gets the owner
money when calls are received, however "non premium" special numbers
don't come under as much legislation or consumer protection as 09*
"premium" numbers.

OFCOM have just done a consultation [20 page questionnaire] with owners
of such numbers (I had an 0870 which was connected to a regular answer
phone for a website I used to run and used to get 4p per minute) and it
is likely that they are going to change the way that this sort of number
works.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk