[Gllug] CentOS and RHES

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Oct 25 10:33:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 20:42 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> I am not sure what your point is - on one hand you are saying that we
> should have held the release back while the mirrors were updated, and
> now you are saying that when you were asked to wait for a day, it is
> 'not acceptable' ????

It is 'not acceptable' that something claiming to be enterprise ready
screws up[0] such a major thing.  The fact it can happen suggests the
release procedures have not been thought through well enough.

When people are running critical systems they must be 100% sure that
they can trust that updates will not break a running system.  There's
only two vendors I'd trust to get this right: Redhat and Debian.

Mart.

[0] I'll take Jason's word that this did happen, he's hardly likely to
be telling pork pies.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk