[Gllug] CentOS and RHES

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 08:50:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 12:31:30AM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Alain Williams wrote:
> >Part of the problem is that mirrors are updated with rsync, files are
> >copied to the
> >mirrors one by one. This means that if someone like me then updates *my*
> >mirror, also by
> >rsync, (which I then serve up to my home machines) then I risk not syncing
> >up files
> >which are being copied to the mirror.
>
> Mirrors within the centos.org rrdns run with the --delay-updates option.
> You wont see pkgs in there untill the entire tree is rsync'ed.

Thanks for that & for the work that you put into centos.
Could I suggest that you put something on the web site that contains some of
what you have talked about on the list in the last couple of days, include a
FAQ on running a local mirror (how to do it, what to change in in-house config
files to point to the local mirror, ...) I did not find anything about this when
I did this 6 months ago[**]. It should not take you long & might go some way to
addressing some problems that people on this list have evidentally experienced.

Cheers

[**] I ended up using Dag Wieers yam s/ware, which seems to work. Is there something
better ?

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.