[Gllug] Re: Bluetooth

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Mon Oct 31 21:47:47 UTC 2005

On 31/10/05 17:15 +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On 31/10/2005, "Richard" <richard_c at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> >In terms of software and integration, it's a different story. I found
> >Sony Ericsson phones were quite friendly, but Nokia and Motorola were
> >less so. Actually, Motorola were distinctly unfriendly, even to other
> >phones.

Seconded. I have a Motorola V3 - the cheapo bluetooth usb dongle that I
bought find it easily enough, but that's where the use I can make of it ends.
I can view folders etc on my colleague's nokia 6230i but no such luck
with the V3. Hello moto indeed. Furthermore, when I tried their software on a
win2k box at work it keeps crashing explorer.

> Don't actually have a Bluetooth phone, though I may end up getting one
> at some point.  At the moment it'll just be this GPS, and that

See above if you think that you'll be needing bluetooth support.

Cheers
Craig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk