[Gllug] lm_sensors help

Peter Joanes pjoanes at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 25 14:04:00 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 10:09, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu on a Gigabyte GA-71XE4 motherboard.
> The problem is my 2 fans, CPU and chassis, are not displaying any values
> when I run sensors ...

Are you running all the necessary kernel support? I am not familiar with your
motherboard, but generally you need to load drivers for your i2c
communication methods and drivers for the sensor chips.
As an example, on my system there is an lm85 sensors chip connected via an AMD
SMBus interface, and a w83627hf sensors chip connected via an ISA interface.
So, to support all of these I have to load the following kernel modules:
	lm85, i2c_amd756
	w83627hf, i2c_isa
Modprobe'ing these also loads the dependencies i2c_sensor and i2c_core.

-	Pete.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk