[Gllug] lm_sensors help

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Tue Oct 25 09:09:26 UTC 2005

I am running Ubuntu on a Gigabyte GA-71XE4 motherboard. I installed lm_sensors
last night and followed the Ubuntu HOWTO on this. (Well almost, I installed the
package, ran the sensors-detect and tweaked the sensors.conf).

The problem is my 2 fans, CPU and chassis, are not displaying any values when I
run sensors or xsensors. The speeds are reported in the BIOS but nothing in
Linux.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be tae case?

Thanks

Simon

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk