[Gllug] Data Communications, Computer Networks and Open Systems

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Oct 13 10:32:33 UTC 2005

Years ago I read "Data Communications, Computer Networks and Open
Systems" by Fred Halsall
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/020142293X/).  It's a really
fascinating book that goes into detail about what makes things like
modems and ethernet tick right down to the electrical level.
Unfortunately it looks like the last edition was the one I read -- in
1996 -- and that stops with fast ethernet and 33k modems.

Can anyone recommend a newer book which might cover things like
802.11b/g, ADSL and so on?  Halsall has written some newer books but
it's unclear if they're as detailed as his classic.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk