[Gllug] CentOS and RHES

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 14:00:33 UTC 2005

Jason Clifford writes:

>It doesn't change the fact that changing from *version 4.1* to **version
>4.2** is also a version upgrade and also made significant changes.

No, I'd have to disagree with this. Are you claiming that running
"apt-get update" constitutes a version upgrade? Because that's all
this is. For convenience, RHEL package up the base OS with all the
latest updates applied, and that's all that CentOS have copied here.
There's no significance to the version number, other than "it contains
all the updates up to XYZ date".

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk