[Gllug] MP3/Ogg player hardware?

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Oct 10 12:41:54 UTC 2005

Doug Winter wrote:
> Aaron Trevena wrote:
>
>>I'd reccomend the iRiver linux 20/30/40gb hdd players, they also allow
>>you to store and view images and text which is useful and they have a
>>usb host and client port so that you can upload images from simple
>>(not ptp) digital cameras or other mp3 players.
>
> +1
>
> I've got an iriver iHP-140, which I've had for 18 months or so, and it's
> very good indeed.  Plays oggs very well, and the sound quality is
> excellent.  The only slight fly in the ointment is the UI, which isn't
> very intuitive, but otherwise it's a really good package.

<aol />

My iRiver 140 does the job for me just luvverly.

However, this is a discontinued model and is becoming hard to get. I got
mine four months ago on Ebay. Unfortunately I've heard that the
replacement model (the 320/340) isn't as good. I can get more details on
this (from a friend who switched but then went back) if you're interested.

Dave...

--
Site: http://dave.org.uk/
Blog: http://blog.dave.org.uk/