[Gllug] Graphics card advice

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Oct 21 10:03:07 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Tethys suggested tentatively:
> AFAIK, the 9200 is the fastest currently supported card with free drivers,
> but it's virtually impossible to get hold of these days -- people only seem
> to be selling the slower 9200SE model.

Is it? I did a froogle and got a 9250 with no significant trouble. (IIRC,
a 9250 is a 9200 with a faster AGP bus, i.e. pretty much identical from
a software POV).

(Well, when I say `got', it's still on order but I'm certain they've got
it in stock because they offered it to *me* when the 9200 I'd ordered
turned out not to exist.)

--
`"Gun-wielding recluse gunned down by local police" isn't the epitaph
 I want. I am hoping for "Witnesses reported the sound up to two hundred
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk