[Gllug] small hard disk problem

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 22:34:20 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Kurt Goodliff <kurt at lokdar.co.uk> wrote:
> Easiest way around
> it is to install a seperate IDE controller (I'm using a Innovision EIO
> AP1680 PCI ATA133 RAID (RAID 0 1)
> Controller Card, which is rubbish at raiding things but costs about £12
> and gives you two additional IDE ports
> running at 133 which I'm guessing you current IDE ports don't do), this
> is assuming that you
> don't need to boot off this disk (Can be done though).

Don't need to boot, but looking at the spec on ebuyer

  http://tinyurl.com/2dh3

It says:

  Support up to 137GB Big drive with LBA addressing

Which is odd, given I'm only seeing 137Gb on my new 200Gb disk!

Maybe I need a more recent kernel?

  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.5

Currently on debian woody supplied 2.4.18-bf2.4
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk