[Gllug] just preaching to the converted !

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 19:40:18 UTC 2005

Adrian McMenamin writes:

>> Most of the problems associated with the Windows platform derive from it's
>> being inherently a non-connected single user system that is now being
>> deployed in multiuser, hostile networked environments.
>
>Don't think you can really say that about Windows NT and its descendants
>in that they were designed to be used by multiple users from the word go

Errr... no they weren't. Windows is *still* a single user OS. Oh, sure,
it lets you have multiple users with their own privileges and permissions.
With XP, even remotely. But not concurrently. Yes, I know that Citrix has
been able to do it for a while now, and I believe Windows 2K3 lets you do
it natively now. But that's not what most people use on the desktop, where
the single user mentality still reigns supreme.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk