[Gllug] Re: vpn to Contivity server

Pip huffleme at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 12:54:24 UTC 2005

On Saturday 15 Oct 2005 10:22, Croker, Grant wrote:

> I don't believe a free VPN client exists for non-windows platforms.

Not a free Contivity one, no, though there is the evaluation copy.

> Either your company bought a number of licenses for Linux etc when they
> got the VPN server or you will have to shell out $100 for a suitable
> client.

That doesn't sound promising. I'd hoped racoon would get me through, but the
Contivity doesn't use very open standards and, from what I gather on
Scroogle, puts things in deliberately difficult formats.

> Have a look at http://www.apani.com/vpn-clients/nortel-linux - there is
> a try before you buy option so you can see if it works.

Unfortunately, it requires submitting a form and waiting a business day. But
thanks for pointing me towards it.

Pip
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk