[Gllug] Looking for a printer recommendation

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Mon Sep 5 09:23:00 UTC 2005

On Sep 04, 11:15, Richard Jones wrote:

> Now I have no real idea about printers.  Inkjets are slow and
> expensive to run.  Does this afflict all makes of inkjet?  Last time I
> looked seriously at laser printers they all cost thousands of pounds
> and couldn't print in colour - well, that was 20 years ago.  I had a
> quick look on Google, and it looks like colour laser printers are a
> little bit cheaper now.  Are there any which are cheap to run, even if
> expensive to buy?  And not made by companies like HP which like to
> advertise how many patent monopolies they've been granted?

I would avoid injet because of the costs they are a false economy, if
you are brave consider second hand a colour laser printer can be had for
a couple of hundred quid.  I personally have a soft spot for the
HP4000/4500 series since I know they will run continuously for days but
if you are really against HP try another brand.

--
Peace Jim :-)

keys:  http://freesolutions.net/jim/pubkey.asc

 You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time,
 but you can not fool all of the people all of the time
 -- Abraham Lincoln

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk