[Gllug] Treats for Windows refugees

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Sep 5 22:39:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Christian Smith moaned:
[mount]
> Bah! Dos 3.3 (I think, perhaps even 2) could do that! The command was
> join, but it could only mount drives onto a root subdirectory. Something
> like:
> join b: c:\bdrive
>
> Unfortunately, they did away with it in Win9x.

Given the horrific nature of the implementation of that command, I'm
not even slightly surprised. It was a crock from top to bottom.

(I still shudder on remembering the appropriate pieces of _Undocumented
DOS_. Good god but that system was inelegant.)

--
`... published last year in a limited edition... In one of the
 great tragedies of publishing, it was not a limited enough edition
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk