[Gllug] OpenSolaris

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Tue Sep 27 17:16:21 UTC 2005

> Do I take it from your statement above and the following phrase on the
> site that Open Solaris isn't a complete running operating system?

It does run. It includes Gnome desktop and is quite slick. Actually I had
the Solaris 10 DVD, rather than Open Solaris, but it just had limited
hardware support which means I could not go out and get any packages
because it does not support Linksys network hardware.

I can't tell you much more than that I am afraid because I installed it
ran it and then shut it down when I could not do anything.

Simon

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk