[Gllug] [OT] TFT displays

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Sep 26 10:46:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 11:13 +0100, Sean Burlington wrote:
[snip]
> I recently go myself a portable DVD player and was watching a film on
> the train for the first time last night - I was a bit shocked to find
> that I couln't skip either the FACT propoganda or the corporate logos -
> this was especially annoying as the film outlasted the battery!

I find that a particularly short-sighted of the DVD consortia, because
at least with home-based players one just gets into the habit of turning
the machine on and putting the disc in a bit before one is ready to
watch.  Then you go off and put the kettle on or open a bottle of wine
and when you come back the film is ready to watch.  It's self-defeating.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk