[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Mon Sep 12 21:36:03 UTC 2005

Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> writes:

> On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Rich Walker murmured woefully:
>> Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> writes:
>>
>>> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005, Rich Walker gibbered uncontrollably:
>>>
>>> Sorry, I'm a follower of the Zawinskian/Wingist Schism ;}
>>
>> As a lapsed SubGenius, I'm a big fan of religious schisms... But Not
>> That One! Heretic!
>
> *laughs manically*

For You, It Is To Be Reborn As A Zippie Button And Distributed In The
Land Of Thud.

Okay, we may be off-topic now.

>>> A strong arm, as a laptop is a hell of a lot heavier than a book?
>>> Enough money to not worry about getting beer on your laptop?
>>
>> Surplus corporate high-end laptops - my current is a Thinkpad X22,
>> weighs 1.6kg.
>
> Ouch. A *lot* heavier than a book.

I saw someone who owned one of the 850g Sony laptops today; kept saying
how wonderful it was. But they (a) don't type on it, (b) had another
Vaio with them as well and (c) worked for Sony.

>>               Also, all IBM stuff has proper "how to disassemble this"
>> manuals for if you *do* spill beer in it.
>
> It's spilling coke that's lethal. All that phosphoric acid.

There's an obvious gag there that I'm not going to rise to.

But anyway, I don't drink the stuff - cuts into the beer drinking time.

>>> That last category is far, far too large, and growing all the time. (For
>>> my sins, I used to be in the `knew about it but thought it would never
>>> happen to *me*' category. O thou fool.)
>>
>> I notice that the help-file for at least one of the Angband variants
>> includes as an FAQ: "Why do my wrists hurt?" and some useful advice and
>> stretching exercises...
>
> Given how addictive angband and nethack and the other roguelikes are,
> I'm surprised it doesn't answer `because you've been playing for 39 hours
> without a break.'

No, that's under the "why is there a pain in my waist?" -- "because you
haven't been to the toilet in 12 hours" section.
[snip]

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk