[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Wed Sep 7 16:06:55 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 Sep 2005 3:57 pm, paul wrote:
> Does Kmail acheive the desired effect for the
> etiquette within the Gllug forum

yes

Kmail actually works very well for mailing lists

I'm using it now (though I generally prefer thundirbird)

As well as the required quoting kmail helps you trim - just select the portin
of the message you want to reply to and hit reply to get just the selected
text quoted.

It also colour codes with different colours for different levels of quoting
whcih makes it very easy to see who said what.

It helps you unsunscribe from lists, find the archives etc

see Mailing List on
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdepim/kmail/folders.html

It copes well with multipart mail including signed mail.

In fact I can't quite remember why I went off it - all I can remember is that
thundirbird makes more efficient use of screen space - and is better at
sending html replies to html emails.

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk