[Gllug] Giving mutt a try

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Sep 21 19:05:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, paul at thinksolution.net gibbered uncontrollably:
> I just tried to install it but got bored of looking on the exim website for an
> answer as to why the following errors occur

The exim website won't say (or, rather, it might say that `if you
configure with --enable-ldap you'll need OpenLDAP', but this is
often taken as read). It's your distro.

>  Failed dependencies:
>         libcrypto.so.0.9.6 is needed by exim-4.51-3
>         libdb-4.0.so is needed by exim-4.51-3
>         liblber.so.2 is needed by exim-4.51-3
>         libldap.so.2 is needed by exim-4.51-3
>         libssl.so.0.9.6 is needed by exim-4.51-3
>
> Are these files I should download from the exim site or do they exist within
> the suse distribution?

The latter. (I'm quite surprised that libssl, libcrypto, and libdb
aren't already installed, to be honest.)

--
`One cannot, after all, be expected to read every single word
 of a book whose author one wishes to insult.' --- Richard Dawkins
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk