[Gllug] Solaris - monitor problem

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 22:24:25 UTC 2005

Not having used any other Unix than Linux for several years, I am playing with
Solaris10 on x86.

The installer leaves several things to be desired, one of which is handling of
the monitor. The one that I wish to use will go at 1024x768, this is what I
set it up to do on install. However: after install it insists on working at
1280x1024.

I eventually got the monitor working at 1024x768 - except when logging in when
it insists on being 1280x1024, after login it goes to 1024x768.

At install time I also told it that I had a UK keyboard, it insists on using a
US keymap. I have followed the java desktop menu to set the keyboard layout, but
to no effect ...

Can anyone tell me how to fix it so that it only ever uses 1024x768 & UK keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.