[Gllug] Slow machine

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 16:45:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 17:35 +0100, Mamading Ceesay wrote:
> On 03/09/05, Adrian McMenamin <adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Any clues?
> >

> Since you installed FC4, you've reported a number of problems to this
> list.  Since FC4 is working so poorly for you, why not try a different
> distro?

Because the most serious problems - which were bugs in the distro - got
fixed. Some of the others were down to obscure hardware faults in
equipment I was using. This one remains the only one that continues to
annoy me.

I am not the only user and the others - SO & kids - struggle enough with
Linux (eg when FC4 had a marginally slightly different screen layout
from FC3) because they use Windows in the real world - so it is not
worth annoying them over this.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk