[Gllug] [OT] TFT displays

Robert Newson ran at qipod.wanadoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 21:25:03 UTC 2005

M.Blackmore wrote:

> Even when we were in London (north Croydon) we got a bit of bad
> reception at times due to our position at the edge of the downslope of
> the hill which had the transmitter bang on top of it! I always was
> amazed at that. Perhaps we were "too close"??

Definitely...here in South Norwood, I live in the shadow of Beulah Hights
and Crystal Palace.  Living almost directly under the transmitters, we got
direct signals, plus 'shadows' [caused by the signal bouncing off other
places (eg Shirley Hills, the blocks of flats)?] - sometimes almost
impossble to remove.  Dunno the effect now as haven't watched TV for nearly
a year (and haven't missed one bit of it).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk