[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Sep 8 15:00:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Dan Kolb spake:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 03:13:58PM +0100, paul wrote:
>> need for a non graphical interface. mutt looks and acts like it was designed
>
> Not really - to me, the graphical interface adds nothing that couldn't be done
> in text mode. However, one thing I do miss about the graphical interfaces is
> having a list of folders with the number of unread messages always visible (no
> doubt someone here is going to step in and say how to do it in mutt)

Well, you can certainly do it with *a textual interface*: Gnus has that
visible at all times, textual or not (indeed it is quite hard for Gnus to
tell whether a given window is textual or not, and it is considered
inelegant to try to find out).

>> in the 60's. That's not a knock - (for mutt fans)  - its just I want
>> something more modern

I use a program whose design started in 1976 and a program started in
the 1980s to read my mail and news. It is probably more featureful than
any other mail or news client in existence, and its user interface
isn't *that* nasty (how hard can `just hit space over and over again'
be?)

--
`... published last year in a limited edition... In one of the
 great tragedies of publishing, it was not a limited enough edition
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk