[Gllug] [OT] TFT displays

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 14:11:48 UTC 2005

On Sun 25 Sep, Chris Hunter wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
>
> >    What is the output of mobile phone masts? (Admittedly they are usually
> > nearer to more people).
>
> Power output is adaptable - the transmitters turn themselves up and down
> to match the received signal strength.  Typical maximum power per
> channel is 5 to 10 Watts, though they operate very much below maximum
> most of the time.
>
> Chris

   But of course NIMBY. How many people are demanding that TV transmitters
are removed? Most hospitals have an aerial farm on the roof, the staff in my
local hospital keep in touch via mobile phones, yet notices request that all
mobile phones are switched off. Mobile phone use is banned in petrol filling
stations, yet filling station signs are being used to house mobile phone
base station aerials.
   Nearly as bad as politicians, do as I say and not as I do.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk