[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Sep 8 16:12:00 UTC 2005

On Thursday, 8 Sep 2005, paul wrote:
>I'm just saying that these days I am more used to working with graphical
>interfaces - generally they tend to to be self explanatory. and I have a lot
>better things to do with my time than trying to work out a whole different
>way of working if there are tools which suit my way better.

Obviously for a tool one uses every day like a mail client it makes no
sense at all to invest a modest amount of time learning in order to
save time on every subsequent day. Er.

>If you like text interfaces thats cool by me - I won't  break a sweat trying
>to tell you you're wrong. I am not adopting a flippant tone or dismissing
>your preferences - you seem to take it personally that I have a preference or
>need that is different to yours.

He does? News to me.

>Just how much older than fifteen are you?

>From the higher ground to ad hominem in one paragraph. Neat.

>It can look however it likes as long as it supports a mouse

You think maybe it'll rust shut if it doesn't get used? I guess you
don't have speakers on your computer, or you'd be complaining mutt
doesn't make honking noises. I'm half tempted to post you an old
joystick so you'll feel you have to read mail with that.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is Brieday, August.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk