[Gllug] Aptitude

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:08:38 UTC 2005

On 14/09/05, Jack Bertram <jack at jbertram.net> wrote:

> Given I'm clearly a muppet and don't deserve to be adminning any
> computer (no offence taken, by the way) does anyone have advice for my
> original question of how I get aptitude (interactive) to recommend the
> same set of packages for upgrade as aptitude (command-line)?  Is there a
> cache-file of selections that I have to delete, or something? None of
> the menu options in aptitude appear to help.

You may find it helpful to look at the aptitude manual, in particular
the configuration file reference.  The APT howto has background info
essential to understanding the contents of the aptitude manual.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"[The reformers'] remedies do not cure the disease: they merely prolong it....
The proper aim is to try and reconstruct society on such a basis that poverty
will be impossible."
-- Oscar Wilde
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk