[Gllug] Free food and drinks at Planetarium tomorrow evening! (Thu 22 Sep)

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 15:55:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 03:21:11PM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> There are still 60 places up for grabs and IBM doesn't want the
> food they've ordered to go to waste...
>
> If you're not a linux developer or you don't want to fill in the
> OpenPower web registration form at the URL below, you can still
> register just for the Planetarium do by emailing Tony Stimson
> <Tony_Stimson at uk.ibm.com> directly and mentioning GLLUG.
>
> >     IBM invites you to a free launch event
> >     for their Linux OpenPower Project at the London Planetarium.
> >
> >       http://www.openpowerproject.org/uk

I tried to sign up for the server access on IBM's site a while back but
couldn't get past the signup form. When I enter my details a popup
appears that never gets any content (just sits there blank). I've tried
from home (mozilla) and work (IE) and even bypassed my home proxy, but
no joy. I have popups enabled from www.openpowerproject.org.

This must be something I am doing wrong as I can't believe IBM would put
out an invite and be happy with zero registrations! However I'm stumped
as the problem exists from two locations on different browsers. Any
ideas?

thanks,

ben.

--