[Gllug] .procmailrc not working

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 22:27:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:24:09PM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> I have set up a new server to handle all mail - copying over all the
> setup on the old server (or so I believed).
>
> But my .procmailrc doesn't appear to be recognised/used.
>
> No doubt I have missed something obvious ... but I don't know what.
> (saidly I have pulled apart the old server as the problems were not
> immediately obvious)

Had you used Debian and exim it would've worked automatically (or
certainly should've...)

You'll need to either tell your MTA (or MDA) to check for a .procmailrc
in the user's home directory and use it if it exists, or use something
like a .forward file to feed mail to procmail upon delivery.

I don't know the magic recipie for the .forward file approach. I use
exim on Debian.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk