[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 15:25:46 UTC 2005

On Friday, 9 Sep 2005, paul wrote:
>>>I'm just saying - and lets put a cap on it now -
>>It's just occurred to me: this is another unethical debating tactic, the
>>`let's stop the debate now because I have no arguments left but I want
>>it to appear as if I've won' tactic.
>I don't argue like that - my comment was really to say what a pointless
>discussion this was turning into.

You seem quite happy to continue it today. If you want to it to stop,
it's up to you...

>I'm sure people are bored by this its
>just a matter of style and preferred ergonomics at the end of the
>day.

Well, no. Your preference is a matter of style; ours is a matter of
functionality.

>I wasn't trying to "win" any argument since I have always known that
>neither side can win from a subjective viewpoint.

Not that that stops one side from producing objective facts -
text-based interfaces superior for remote access, HCI research shows
the mouse is slower for certain sorts of operations, etc.

Today is Gouday, August.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk