[Gllug] OT: unix on windows

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Apr 14 12:22:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 11:18:46AM +0100, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> I just started a new job where the corporate PC runs windows only (plus
> this is my first experience with lotus notes but let's not go there!).

I haven't tried it because we don't allow Windows around here, but
Coperative Linux looks promising (http://colinux.org/).  As I
understand it, you will still require administrator access to the
machine to install this, because it runs Linux inside a Windows
driver, to allow it to access ring 0.

Lotus Notes -- what a piece of crap.  I couldn't believe it when
someone showed me it running a few years ago.  What was going on with
the ugly non-standard UI?  The mail client looked and behaved like a
child had written it as a first BASIC project.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk