[Gllug] com1.fr bluetooth adapter

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Apr 10 14:41:23 UTC 2006

Anyone got this fella working with Linux?  They're incredibly cheap at
the moment - I got one bundled with a Bluetooth headset, and the whole
bundle was less than 30 quid.  (The BT headset doesn't actually work
with any other BT equipment I have, but that's definitely another
story ...)

http://www.com1.fr/index.php?action=produit&categorie=3#a14

As you may gather, plugging it into a Linux box does nothing at all
except a nice blue LED appears.  The device is shown as:

Bus 003 Device 005: ID 174b:0001

and the kernel gets about as far as identifying the fact that it's
something to do with Bluetooth, but no further.

[3203331.418220] usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 4
[3203338.980035] usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
[3203339.586815] Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.8
[3203339.595985] usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb

I can't find out what chipset it uses except maybe by dismantling it.

People from com1.fr seem to post on Linux newsgroups, but that's about
all ...

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.