[Gllug] [OT] mp3 transmission system

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Apr 10 14:45:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:50:55PM +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> So now I'm looking for an mp3 player - unsure what things to be
> looking for, but I guess easy to work in linux is a big must.  I
> assume they just present themselves as usb external storgae devices,
> and you move the files across?

There be dragons.

Microsoft has some sort of proprietary crap for accessing music
players under Windows, even though USB external storage would work
just fine, and moreover seems to have bribed some manufacturers into
_only_ supporting their proprietary protocol.  iRiver is a case in
point on certain of their models.

I went down this route for my wife's birthday, and eventually bought
an iPod nano, even though this has its own set of issues.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk