[Gllug] Mythtv queries

Emon contact_emon at gawab.com
Sun Apr 9 09:34:23 UTC 2006

Hi all

I am a newbie running Slackware10.2 with KDE

I use "TvTime" to watch tv on my PC via my TV card (PinnaclePCTV
Stereo). It uses the following chip, "Phillips Semiconductors SAA7134" &
has limited video capture capability.

So now I want to be able to record video from my tv. Somebody once told
me to look at "transcode.org" but I found that to be text oriented... &
didn't dig too deep.

BTW I am only interested in analogue tv *NOT* DBV because analogue
(cable) tv is all that we get here in Bangladesh.

I was wondering if Mythtv will do the trick?? I wasn't sure after
looking at it's homepage whether it would record analogue tv or not!!

Thanks in advance
Emon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk