[Gllug] How does Linux cope with Wireless internet?

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Wed Apr 26 11:16:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:52:01AM +0100, John G Walker wrote:
> Joel,
>
>    What you need is an email client that only displays the text part
>    of the message.

No. I have one. It deals fine with any combination of:

text/plain
multipart/alternative containing text/plain and text/html
multipart/mixed containing any combination of text/plain, text/html,
text/richtext, etc.

What it doesn't do is take a mail containing only a text/html component
with no text/plain alternative and magically pass it through an
HTML->plaintext converter. It isn't meant to. If he had *sent* a
text/plain translation, my client (mutt-ng) would have displayed it. All
he sent was text/html with no alternative. That is what I am
complaining, somewhat anally I'm sure, about.

>    (What I need is the name of an email client that does that under
>    Linux - I currently receive emails via The Bat under Windows - but
>    that's another thread),

Mutt does the job fine. If you need point-n-drool GUI goodness, try
Mozilla Thunderbird or Evolution.

Oh, and do try not to top-post replies to the list, please.

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk