[Gllug] OT: unix on windows

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Apr 14 10:39:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 11:18:46AM +0100, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started a new job where the corporate PC runs windows only (plus
> this is my first experience with lotus notes but let's not go there!).
>
> At home and in my last post linux was/is my O/S, so I've not been in
> this situation for a while. I'm wondering what gllug users can suggest
> to ease the transition.

Repartition the box, install the latest Xen and your favourite Linux.

You can then use Windows for the bits that you have to and use a sane environment
for the rest of the time.

This will work if you have a recent Intel chip since you will be able to run
unmodified MS Windows. I admit to not having done it, just read about it.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>