[Gllug] OT: unix on windows

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 10:49:10 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 11:18:46AM +0100, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just started a new job where the corporate PC runs windows only (plus
> > this is my first experience with lotus notes but let's not go there!).
> >
> > At home and in my last post linux was/is my O/S, so I've not been in
> > this situation for a while. I'm wondering what gllug users can suggest
> > to ease the transition.
>
> Repartition the box, install the latest Xen and your favourite Linux.

If there's a corporate windows system, there's a probably a corporate
IT team and desktop support team.  Messing about with their machine on
your first week of joining is likely to get people's backs up,
assuming you even have the privs to do so.  Getting buy-in for the
corporate windows image installed under xen is also hugely unlikely.

> Alain Williams

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk