[Gllug] Re: How to setup mysql for mythtv

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 09:35:09 UTC 2006

On 10/04/06, Emon <contact_emon at gawab.com> wrote:
> This is where I stand now...
>
> I don't know anything about databases so I am kind of trying to
> (blindly) follow the instructions in the docs & the file
> /etc/rc.d/rc.mysqld to get mysql up & running...

[snip]

Emon - Totally forgetting about MythTV for a moment..

1. What do you get from `pgrep mysql`
2. What happens when you type `mysql` in the shell as root

You should get something like this...

-----
simon.morris at cmt02mirror01:~> mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 83633 to server version: 4.1.13

mysql>
-----

No point worrying about the errors from the MythTV side of things
until you know MySQL is running correctly.

HTH

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com